I love you.
Signed, New England.
In response to my rather hysterical-in-a-bad-way post of earlier this evening... sorry. I love you all for responding and will respond back. I shouldn't post when hysterical because things aren't that bad and I don't say quite what I mean -- I have the most incredible open-minded family *ever* and my views are not that different from theirs (and even if they were, it wouldn't matter), but we're all easily triggered by emotional tension.
I don't want my father to have to feel like he has to "be polite" around his own family and not say what he thinks, but my mom and I both hate having politics and paranoia brought to the dinner table. I am yet to figure out how to defuse the situation when he does and usually end up jumping all over it and arguing with him in an attempt to Make It All Better, which, obviously, makes it worse.
I don't know *why* I get so defensive about some things -- I am not "religious" in any official, organized sense, but almost nothing pushes my buttons as much as insinuating that reason and faith are mutually exclusive attributes in a person or group of people. (Red Sox Nation does overlap with a stronghold of the democratic party, after all *wink*) That, to me, is the essence of the separation of church and state -- so that anyone can be both, each without compromising the other. Witness my idealism.
Everything will be calmer tomorrow and I can apologize and figure out how to handle it better next time, yay.
5 good things about today:
1. RED SOX ARE GOING TO GAME 7!!!! Eeeeeeeeee!!! WE MADE HISTORY!! More baseball to watch! And one game away from going to WORLD SERIES!! (WewillwewillweWILL! THIS IS OUR YEAR!)
2. Emergency Brownie Run with mother to clear the air. Got to geek out with random townie guys working and loitering in Price Chopper because I was wearing a cap and knew the score. One of them chased me into frozen foods to tell me that Bellhorn had scored a 3-run home run.
3. Geeking out about historical/comparative linguistics with amilyn. Magic decoder rings and metathesis!!
4. People saying very nice things and being un-scared of me after earlier rant.
5. miniotp has humans! Humans who POST!
3 things I did well:
1. Learned a lesson.
2. Went grocery shopping.
3. Conversed with people on yahoo. Brain un-exploded and intact. Wooo!
YAY! TOMORROW!!! I HAVE FAITH!!
-- Little Red, who really *really* hopes Curt Schilling wins the Cy Young