But it's done now.
I'm totally embarrassed to be like this, I realized as I descended into exhausted hysterical MELTDOWN over the prospect of having to walk down the stairs to feed the dog dinner, not to mention having to walk back up them again to get back to bed.
And here's an uncharacteristically pessimistic sentiment: The problem with good days is that they make the bad days so much harder to swallow.
But I whittled it down to the absolute necessities to get done tonight (feed dog, feed self, do laundry for clean work uniform), and though I quite literally cried and wailed and carried on the whole time, I dragged myself through it. Done, done, and done. THANK GOD. And that even seems like a really good strategy (that maybe should be DUH OBVIOUS, but really isn't) -- to actually make reduce my immediate to-do list on days like this ONLY to things that will result in catastrophic failure if they are not immediately accomplished.
Now if I can just get my teeth brushed all the way in the other room I can quit napping and go to sleep for real.
And there is always joy:
5 good things about today:
1. "It's Good To Be King." I think I actually yelled "THANK GOD!" at the TV a few times. MY LOVE of this show is back, and all it took was Harry
2. Battlestar Galactica. I watched the Lowdown and that-ep-whose-name-I-don't-know, and I like the show more and more. This episode was just muuuuuuch better than part 1, and both Starbuck and Apollo have won me over. And Helo! And really, given the occasional toaster anvil of this show and my own obsession with the word 'toast', there's just no reason for me not to like it, inspite of the insane angst.
3. "Hot Zone." The people on this show are awfully pretty. I see the McKay/Zelenka. On this viewing, I realize that Weir
4. Credit card company called to do a fraud check! Now, this is cool, because I'm me, and this has never happened before, and therefore it was kind of exciting. My parents actually *are* in Florida, so there is no fraudulent activity afoot, but it makes me feel all protected and stuff.
5. ambermystery and I did TKD and there was tenth-form coolness and then she borrowed Stargate.
3 things I did well:
1. Refilled humidifiers
2. Checked post office.
3. Went to Lee to put gas in car and resisted urge to pull over and sleep at ridiculously long intersection.
P.S. And melyanna!! I'm sorry!! Forgive me? *looks cute*